Monday, March 28, 2011

8 Months

It is strange to think I am already 8 months. Although, I can definitely feel it. Even though I have my good days I feel more emotional and exhausting days are more and more. I try so very hard not to act irritated or emotional. I work hard at not being demanding or stubborn. I know I fail at times but it is great to be surrounded by those who love me and want to do anything for me. I hope they know how appreciative I am! I still have this independent streak where I want to do everything myself but I am finding how much I love when someone offers to do something for me.

My awesome roommate got the downstairs ready and so I moved my art stuff down there which opened up the room for the baby. Then last night my great friend and I went and got the crib and began setting it all up! CRAZY though it took us, well mostly her, till 1 am before we got almost done. She was so awesome! I totally love her for helping me!

So today after having an annoying morning I decided I wouldn't feel any satisfaction if I didn't at least get the baby's room completed. Minus a few pictures not hung up yet I would say the room is complete. There are clothes and blankets in the drawers, baby wipes and diapers ready to use. There is a sheet on the mattress and blanket ready to go. The TV is set up and a rocking chair in place. There is still yet more to do but I would say I am more ready than ever and at 8 months with a little over a month to go I am definitely feeling ready for my little baby to arrive.

Here I am stuck in the crib because we built it around me! Didn't quite think that one through!



Diligently working hard at making the drawers! Those things were annoying! Great job! She rocked!



View of the whole room minus where the bookshelf is.



Better view of the crib.



I know there is way more to get done. I think it is on to the preparing for delivery, checking out the hospital, getting medical things in order, financial things in order. I feel like this month is a crucial month and I am looking forward to the final month. Also looking forward to the party on the 16th. I am not a big baby shower like person so our goal is to just to have a celebration/party/get together. Like non-baby-shower baby-shower. I just love my friends and family so just getting together to recognize someone special is arriving is neat however it is celebrated.

At church I was looking at my belly and watching her move. It is so amazing to see my belly move around. I got a little teary eyed because even though this was not how I ever intended to go through my first pregnancy I am content with it. Perhaps someday I will have a partner and we will possibly have another one and going through a pregnancy with them will be a whole different experience.

I got an ultrasound and she is measuring two weeks ahead of schedule so it makes me wonder if my feeling of her arriving on 16th of April is legit. We shall see. I didn't get real good pictures this time around but good to know she is growing well. I hope she isn't too big!

Here goes the final month.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cool! I wish I could be there to share this with you! Since you're having your non-shower soon, i'll get your gift in the mail asap. Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too!! Wish you were too but I know you are in spirit. ;)

    ReplyDelete