Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not Just A Hat..

So, tonight I lost my knitted brown beanie. When asking around for it I know I got strange looks and when I got worked up about it I am sure I heard their thoughts saying some well, not nice things. I am sorry. It is not just any hat.

My sister-in-law comes up with the coolest gifts. For my birthday they got my giant towel and she embroidered my name on it. AWESOME! I thought she couldn't top that gift because I love large towels and she added my name. I wont let anyone touch it or wash it. For Christmas I was surprised with this awesome brown knitted beanie. It has to be one of the best gifts from someone I have ever received! I wore that thing everywhere!

I've lost the hat twice. Once when I moved it fell behind some boxes in the corner of the room, I knew I would find it and the other time I dropped it outside of my school but someone awesome found it and hung it on a lamp post and my brother found it. So I created a system to help me not loose it. When I take it off place it in my purse. It has worked for the longest time.

Until today. Three times today I was like "where is my hat?" After the third time scolding myself I said "Ugh. One of these times you are really going to loose it."

I suppose I just caused a self fulling prophecy.

Now it is gone. It was not there and the people at the restaurant couldn't find it. Or so they say. I know I have to TRUST they are being honest but how could it disappear in 15 minutes? I am seriously sad and want to cry (surprised I haven't yet.)

I guess with me battling the migraine/headache all week and waiting to hear about my preeclampsia results (I am sure if I had they would call)I am a little more emotional and so it feels like a huge thing loosing this hat. But at the same time I still think I would be just as depressed.

You see, it's not just a hat. It something that someone special to me really thought about and crafted. It is about love. I treasure things like that. I hope that perhaps this hat is a lucky hat and it will show up but sadly I think it maybe gone for good.

Why do I always loose my most favorite things?

2 comments:

  1. I have a few thins like your hat that I find really special and have somehow mysteriously made it back to me when lost. But my ipod is the craziest, it's been stolen, lost, and even left two counties away and it's still managed to find it's way back to me. Get your stuff engraved... it helps. But hats and scarves and gloves are hard. Probably a three way tie for the #1 lost item. I'm sorry Ali, it still really sucks. I don't think you're silly for getting attached to an article of clothing. If you wear it a lot it gets to be like a comfort thing. Especially if you think of love when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you'll find it,Alicia.

    ReplyDelete