Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sacrifices

It is amazing what one will do when things get tough. The sacrifices they make or evaluate what is truly important to them. I have been doing this for about a week now. Going through my life and my priorities with a fine tooth comb and I will tell you that it has been extremely exhausting.

I have come to many conclusions about my current situation and with some other foreseeable not so encouraged situations I will also have to deal with I have had to come up with some pretty tough choices. I have offended others because of them as well. My first goal was to not have to give up school. My priority is my daughter and school. I will do what it takes to have both. Since being denied state help and not getting any other help from those who should be stepping up I have had to figure out how I can still attend school and have someone watch my daughter.

Among the sacrifices I have decided is to cancel my internet services. Those who know me, and it is shown on here as I am typing this at midnight, that I am very much dependent upon the internet. I hate to use that word, actually, I can work around it. I have in the past. I guess I would say I use the internet to it's fullest capacity. I love being connected to people, information and services. I will have access while I am at school so I wont be completely lost without it. It just will prove more challenging. It will indeed take some adjusting to get used too but as I told my mom, school is more important than having the internet at home. It's just one of those sacrifices I have to make and it will be very much worth it.

I am not writing this to get kudos or praises. I am not expressing to be "look how awesome I am." I just am expressing to the world that basically, we do what we can in life to survive and make it in this world. I am survivor. I don't expect the world or anyone to hand me anything and everything. I will do what it takes to get where I need to in life to provide a good life for me and my daughter. I am accepting I am alone in this matter. The choices I've made have made it so but that doesn't mean I am going to expect anything to be handed to me. I was hoping the state could be resource to help me. I need help. I need some help but I can't expect help if I am not willing to do what I can first. I can't take and not give.

It sucks. I am angry. I am depressed. I am hurt. I am confused. I am frustrated. I am lost. But that doesn't mean I am going to give up no matter how much I think I want to or feel like I am going to.

1 comment:

  1. awesome post girl! You are a strong woman, you can do anything you set your mind to. Life is not about having things...it's about experiencing life and loving people and enjoying who you are. I'm sorry things don't come so easy, but you can make the best with what you have and you will survive! I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete