Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Non-Baby Shower Baby Shower

Today was a great day! I admit I was a bit apprehensive for some reason but not entirely sure why that is. Maybe because all honestly I hate being the center of attention but who knows. I didn't want people to feel they had to come or that they had to give me anything but I was excited to spend time with people I love and care about so that is the part I was looking forward too. Plus, I wasn't so into the whole typical baby shower stuff. No offense to those who do enjoy those types. I trusted my friends and I knew they would help create something fun.

And it was! We started out eating the great food and just getting to know each other and everyone meeting. They introduced themselves and how they met me. It was amazing that everyone there was a part of different parts of my life. It was neat. I love how I met and became such great friends with everyone there.

After that we played a bingo like game. Which is always fun to do! I created the bingo cards. After we played a few rounds of that we turned over the bingo cards and everyone got to create a scrapbook page. It was great. Everyone jumped right in and some wonderful pages were created. After that fun activity I opened up the awesome gifts my friends gave me and baby. There were some great hand knitted blankets that I totally love, some beautiful and fun clothes and many helpful items. I felt so loved and I appreciate all of the gifts given! Such beautiful people. I hope Naomi will feel their love as much as I feel. After the gifts we decorated the onsies. I would have to say my friend's husband making a pink jeep was pretty cool! (He was a great sport the whole time and the only guy there!) There was some great creativity going on. I will post pictures of the onsies and scrapbook pages later. There was some that brought the scratch tickets, got $12, yay! Also we did the pin thing were you can't say the word "baby" and we guessed when the baby is going to be born. I can't wait to see who wins that one!

I was sad to see everyone go but I was so happy those were able to come. I know others wanted to be there but couldn't that is awesome as well. I just hope everyone knows how grateful I am for their love and support. I could not do it without it. My two friends really pulled off a great baby shower! It was creative and fun. Definitely not cliched!

Here are a few photos:

The craft table!


Great food!

Everyone scrapbooking away!

One of the great knitted blankets! There are others.

That bear is so soft!

After I opened gifts feeling very loved!

Working away at the onsies!

Working on making an awesome onsie!


The Bingo Card I created. Yes, I made everything pictures and all!

1 comment:

  1. Sure wish I could have been there!!! I will get your present in the mail when I get back home from Houston. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete