Thursday, December 30, 2010

Not Fat...I'm Pregnant

Today I had to dig through my old clothes and pull out my size 22 pants. My size 18's were just a little too tight for comfort. Even then the 22's are a little snug.

Now, being already a big girl and being pregnant is tricky. I am definitely rounding out in my belly area and I definitely can tell I am getting bigger. But to the untrained eye, i.e. everyone else, I just look... well fat. It is funny when someone else new finds out I am pregnant, it's always "wow you're pregnant?" You can almost see a look in their eye that states "I just thought you were fat!"

I am not judging anyone, I would think the same thing too! But it is quite tricky when you are big girl and pregnant. I am going to make a trip to the store soon and see if I can't find any maternity clothes to make myself look more pregnant than I am. Maybe that will help the untrained eye and help me feel better about myself.

Before I got pregnant I was loosing weight and inches. It was awesome, I was jogging a lot and eating very healthy. From July to the end of August I had dropped from 280 to 240, a size 22 to a size 16. It was incredible and I felt great. (Probably why I got pregnant!) So naturally having to pull out my size 22 pants this morning in a round about way depressed me. I thought I would be immune to the whole weight gain issue considering I've been a big girl my whole life but knowing I was on my way to loosing weight before the pregnancy and back to where I was in July was the depressing part.

A friend was reading a website yesterday and it mentioned that getting someone a gym membership or any thing of the sort after the baby was born was a big no-no. Here's to let you know, if anyone feels inclined to get me a gym membership for a gift anytime... I welcome it! It will not offend me in anyway! In fact if there is some way to put "Gym Membership" on the Target or Walmart registry I will definitely add it!

No comments:

Post a Comment