Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Talking To My Unborn Child

I read on a pregnancy website and in the pregnancy bible "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that in week 16 the baby develops hearing. So when I talk or sing the baby can hear me. Reading that I found myself instead of having conversations with myself I am having conversations with the baby. Today in the store I was debating on what to get and asked the baby what it thought. Suppose that is a bad habit to get into but I figured it was better than talking and responding to myself. If someone gives me a weird eye I can just say "I am talking to my unborn child." Hm, not sure if that is any better.

I have also found myself getting anxious to get things for the little one. I peer at the clothes after work wondering if I will be able to get the cute girl pink teddy bear outfit or the adorable blue puppy dog outfit. Good thing I live on a budget!

Speaking of a budget I started to worry about how I was going to make it financially. The world is proving this is a two income society. I realize going to school and working only part time limits my funds even more than an average couple who really barely makes it as it is. But, for some reason that fear lasted a second when I realized that I have always been financially okay and I think in part has to do with my ability to budget and not have a huge need for things. (Or I realize what I want is so expensive it is far fetched to think I will get it!)

Regardless of money and regardless of what the baby will get I do know that I will be able to provide to it what it needs but most importantly as I was talking to it I already found myself, despite my complaints of body functions and sickness, telling it that I love it and was anticipating the day it will arrive and look forward to cleaning up messes like the one in picture.

2 comments:

  1. I think talking to your baby already is adorable - I would sing to mine. It's good because now when I sing to her she actually puts her hand on my mouth and says NO. :(

    I like your attitude about getting by financially. i am trying to adopt that into my own attitude. I know I can make it - no point worrying about it - but I can't help freaking out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt bad because I wrote this and then my friend sent me a text saying she found some free and cheap baby furniture online (the pictures looked like it was well taken care of) but I just freaked out worrying about having to go pick it up finding a place to store it until I move. So I told her no even though she offered to hold it for me! Things like that are difficult as well, letting others help me and being okay with free stuff! I have a feeling you and I are in this and going to experience things together! :)

    ReplyDelete