Monday, December 6, 2010

Here it goes...

My sister-in-law the other day suggested that I start a blog. At first I was unsure and thinking "when will I have the time?" But then I realized taking a moment every other day or so to sit and type out my thoughts to send out to the world of cyberspace might be just as therapeutic as she said it was. I do enjoy reading my friends and family's blogs so why not start my own?

So here it goes.

Just to start off I am 16 weeks pregnant. It hasn't been easy and my situation lets say is less conventional. (Although, speaking with my OB there is a rise of single moms. Not sure that is a good thing or not.) It was shocking to find out that I was pregnant. I was terrified to tell my Mom but it came out easier than expected. We all know that I was trying and praying hard to conceive back when I was married but God obviously had another plan for me. (Wish he let me in on it though.)

My pregnancy so far has been traditional yet to me, crazy! I was nauseous for weeks and weeks! It is starting to ease off luckily which I was told it would get better. I don't have massive headaches any more either. Yay. I am already feeling the baby move. It moves the most when I bend over a lot so I feel it frequently at work! I am seeing how long my hair will get by the end as well. If it gets longer than 10 inches or so I think I will cut it and donate it. I am already physically changing and find jeans most uncomfortable to wear.

The baby is due on May 23. Which is close to so many other family and friend's birthdays. It will be a Gemini which I am and those into that sort of thing know it will be an interesting combination. I am also thinking that it will be girl. Will find out soon.

So here I am about to be a single college mom while working part time. Sure, I have a while to go but it will be fun to type about my adventures and see what other bizarre situation I will find myself in.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad that you made this step! It IS therapeutic, and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Good for you for documenting your pregnancy like this - I wish I had started mine sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now I get to hear more about your every day life!! I Miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I'll be watching this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you started a blog Ali! That is so awesome! I didnt know your baby was going to be a Gemini (I am one too!) I have no doubt she will be crazy awesome! :) Better watch out with her! lol

    ReplyDelete