Sunday, May 8, 2011

38 Weeks and Mother's Day

I would have to honestly say at one point I absolutely hated Mother's Day. Especially going to church on that day. Not because I hated my Mom or moms at all but it always reminded me of something that I felt like I would never have and it was painful. I remember when I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day. My ex actually made it very special too. I also remember what it felt like when I did not have my foster children anymore and it felt like I was back to the sadness that was not a mom anymore and it was another painful day. I tried to understand and feel some kind of acceptance on that day but it really was difficult.

I have to admit I am looking forward to this day in a different way. But, my heart goes out to those who have to endure it differently. I know what they are thinking and I feel for them. I also want them to not give up hope and remember that this is a special day for them too. To appreciate their own mothers and remember that there are many aspects and many ways to be a mom. Like being an aunt or to those fur-babies. Seriously, taking care of animals sometimes didn't feel any different, they need just as much love and care and those who have them definitely should be considered a mother.

However, this is something that I didn't quite understand until last year and it changed my perspective. Also remember that today is to appreciate Mothers throughout the world. Because they are special and they have a great responsibility. I think it is crucial for us who are not mothers remind them how special and lucky they are to have that amazing responsibility. I know I am now about to be a mom but I hope those who are not yet or desire to be such remind me, even beyond mother's day the responsibility that I have. I am probably just spouting off and not making any sense I just want those who feel the sadness of today think of it in a different way to help them make it through days like today.

I also want to talk about my mom. I remember at one point because I didn't understand her or what she was going through that I hated her. I know hate is such a strong word but we had a difficult time at one point and it saddens me that we went through that. Now, my mom and I are like best friends. She is definitely my best friend. She knows everything about me inside and out and more importantly she understands me and I her. I love it. I love her wisdom and guidance. I hope that my daughter and I can have that same relationship.

Here I am at 38 weeks. Waiting for the moment I go into labor and fully get to be a mom again. Being a mom to those boys was the most amazing thing I was able to do and the thought of doing it again truly makes me happy in my heart. I have so many perspectives and so many great women in my life that I can look up to.

Happy Mother's Day to all. I wish them the very best and hope they remember what great and important responsibility they have been blessed with.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same boat as you with not liking Mother's Day. I am fine with the concept, and love recognizing my mother, sister in law, and grand mother.
    I do however HATE the slap in the face it is for everyone around me to get flowers, and not me simply because I have not procreated.
    The events of today just solidified how much I dislike it personally.
    Love you though. Congrats on being able to celebrate it from here on out.

    ReplyDelete