Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What the heartburn!? (little bit of a rant)

I felt like I've been pretty lucky during this pregnancy thus far. I mean, yeah okay, I was nauseous almost the entire first half of my pregnancy which was not fun but when I discovered as long as I ate SOMETHING every two hours I was fine. (Thanks to suggestion of my friend, who ironically helped me with my clothes and she hasn't had children yet, something tells me she will be great when she gets pregnant!) I pretty much have only had one thing that made me sick smelling and that was hardboiled eggs. So all in all eating anything was pretty much okay.

Until now. Oh my goodness the heartburn!

I had a strange night last night besides the fact I was completely shoved up into the corner of my bed, mainly because my kitty slept with me last night, but I woke up actually feeling, well very pregnant. I think Naomi grew during the night and pushed out my tummy a little more! But I woke up practically starving, I am not talking like the hunger pains starving where it hurts but you know the type where you are just craving that food like you have never craved before. I ended up eating two english muffins and three bowls of cereal! (Now that I discovered I can drink Lactose Free milk I am drinking milk like mad!) But even then I still craved food. But I had to get ready for work but I have been eating non stop all day from crackers, to PB&J sandwiches and more!

Sounds wonderful right?

WRONG!

Everything I eat no matter what has given me heartburn! Even when I don't eat I am having heartburn. Oh joy. So I guess I traded the nauseousness for heartburn I suppose.

Well, I found myself in a bit of a conundrum. I really wanted some pickles you see, I like pickles anyway but then I knew the pickles would possibly cause heartburn. But I didn't want to finish off the pickles knowing I would have an attack of heartburn and my roommate she suggested drinking milk earlier to help.

So here I am caught. It's almost a pickles and ice cream moment.

1 comment:

  1. I found that eating 2-3 tums as soon as I took my last bite of food... and sometimes one in the middle of eating helped me with heartburn. Supposedly it's a sign that your baby will have a lot of hair :) .... then again, I had heartburn with both pregnancies and my babies were bald.

    ReplyDelete