Friday, January 21, 2011

Registry...awkward!

I have been asked many time what it is that I need for the baby or what do I have. I have said a few things but I wasn't sure. So, I've been thinking about what I needed, at the same time it is weird because when I became a foster parent I had to buy everything before the baby was born. So to tell people what I want for this little one and now knowing it is a girl it is easy to say "girl stuff!" But that just includes mostly the color pink.

Now, I am an artist so it's not like that I am hating pink and there is a certain shade of pink that I do enjoy. (More the darker pinks rather than the light baby pink.) Yup. I hate to be prejudice against the pinks. I am excited to find out I am having a girl but then I am nervous by the fact I am having a girl her entire room, clothing and other item ensembles will be an EXPLOSION of that light baby pastel pink. My mom can attest to it that she had tried to make me love that pink growing up, I love you Mom but I still shudder at the idea of my entirely pink and white bedroom.

Those who know me know that although I definitely feminine in my own way I am not overly girly, if that is such a word. My tastes range on darker and warmer colors than the lighter cooler colors. I do love the browns and pinks together with that teal and lime green thrown in. Guess I should have been a mom in the 70's?

I have attached a picture of something that I found that I absolutely love! It is a diaper bag by Lisa Lowe and her line of products called Sugarbooger. To me Lisa Lowe got it right, it is cute and fun without being overly girly and cliched pretty pinks that just make me want to shudder and vomit. She has a huge variety of designs from robots to owls and the alphabet. Here is a picture of a diaper bag that I want to buy (or if someone wants to buy it for me.)



I know what you are thinking, skulls for a girl? Really? Yes, really! They are cute and fun! If I am going to be toting around a bag I am the one looking at it and using it, yes? So this brings my to the problem of making a gift registry and feeling too picky and scared that things are going to end up being too pink and too girly. I just may have to hold my breath and just remind myself that whatever someone is willing to give me and my baby I will ever be so grateful for because I know she and I are getting this stuff to help us because we are loved and people want to help out. It doesn't matter if it's pastel baby pink or not.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have thrown many an anti-pink shower! I dont know why people move directly to pastel pink, but it RARELY works for anyone. Especially us with the DARK hair! My little ones have always been into the hot pink - but I like where you're going with that skull bag! Are you actually registered anywhere? If so - do tell where!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete