Thursday, November 22, 2012

Homelessness and Thanksgiving

I know it has been a while since I updated this, not entirely sure who reads it, but regardless I am sending my thoughts and life out into the world.

Things in my life have been up in the air. Like I said, I left my little trailer home in Silverdale. This life as a nomad isn't entirely what it is cracked up to be. I am grateful for my friends and family that have opened their home to my daughter and I. I have slept in 5 different homes in the last two weeks. If anything I have learned from this gypsie lifestyle is that I am definitely no gypsie.

It is a need for me to know where I am going home too. In the past I can honestly say I was not that way, I think I would be okay but now but, I have a daughter to think about, who magically has done considerably well for what she has been put through. Yet, she will have to endure craziness for at least another week as I will be here and there and there in between.

So, as it is Thanksgiving, I have so much to be thankful for. It feels like I am more aware of it than in the past. As my heart is full and my belly will soon be too. I am thankful to be with my mom on this day, it is just her, Naomi and I. It is probably going to be one of the greatest Thanksgivings. Not that the others were or will be great but I am thankful that I am not out in the cold, hungry and alone. That even my state of homelessness I have had places to go that have been warm and inviting.

They say home is where the heart is. That means I at least have 5 different homes because my heart and love is at least in those five places.

However, I am going to be staying with my mom for a time while she also is giving her life a reset. I think it will be great that we can encourage and help each other figure out what is next in our lives. I will be working and looking for work, practicing the piano, building my faith and jogging as much as possible during my time here. 

I didn't expect Raymond to be a temporary home ever again but I am looking forward too it. (As long as my mom can deal with me! Ha.)


No comments:

Post a Comment